Sunday, July 7, 2013

Things I Love About My Home: Hampton Roads Local Businesses

This should probably have a subheading of "Hampton Roads Local Businesses #1", because it is a subject that undoubtedly will repeat.  As I've written about before, one of the reasons that we chose to live where we did was because we fell in love with the neighborhood and the community atmosphere, including the local businesses.  However, amazing shops and restaurants can be found throughout Hampton Roads.

One of my absolute favorite things to do on a lazy Saturday or Sunday is to get up early and drive from Norfolk to Suffolk for O'Doodle Doo's Donuts.  They are THE best.  They blow any other commercial doughnut shop out of the water.  The drive out to Suffolk is relaxing, as it takes me under the bay through the tunnel, through the countryside, and over the James River.  The shop has been open for just over two years and is always staffed with the NICEST people.  And they make flavors like Hot Mango (mango and cayenne pepper), Bacon and Blueberry Pancakes, Red Velvet, and Samoa.  I love supporting local businesses rather than a chain, but I have to admit that more than that, I love seeing this magic on my dining room table:


What local businesses do you LOVE?

No comments:

Post a Comment