Monday, February 3, 2014

Instagramming in the Kitchen: Mini Frittatas

Hello!

To start off the week, I wanted to share one of the recipes that I use to make our daily breakfasts for the week.  You've probably seen these before, but mini frittatas made in a muffin tin are the easiest thing to make and they make your weekday mornings a breeze.  I'm someone who HAS to have something to eat and a cup of coffee as soon as I get up, but I don't always have time to cook something from scratch.  Every two weeks, I make a huge batch of these and store them in a resealable container in the fridge so I can just pull two out every morning, throw them in the microwave for one minute, and go.  You can tweak this recipe and add whatever extras you like to your frittatas, I just happen to be partial to ham, peppers, and cheese.


Mini Frittata
Makes approximately 28 mini frittatas
 
Ingredients
2 dozen eggs (we're CostCo people, so I pick up 2 dozen eggs every two weeks just for this purpose)
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
 3/4 cup diced peppers
1/2 cup diced ham
Nonstick cooking spray
1 Tbsp. of salt
1 tsp. of black pepper
1 tsp. of cayenne pepper (optional- I just love cayenne pepper for the kick and also for the metabolism boost)

Directions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Break the eggs in a large bowl and whisk them together.
Add the grated cheese, pepper, ham, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
Spray the muffin tin cups with the nonstick spray.
Using a ladle, pour the egg mixture into the muffin tin cups until they are 3/4 of the way full.  They will fluff up in the oven.
Bake for about fifteen minutes, or until the tops of the frittatas are golden brown and don't jiggle.

According to my Losin' It app, which I love, by the way, these mini frittatas (made with the ingredients listed) are 108 calories each.  I have two every morning and they keep me satisfied for about five hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment